Car shopping can be overwhelming, confusing and stressful. But it doesn’t have to be that way. By making a few quicks checks, you can avoid buyer’s remorse and being stuck a lemon. As well as car servicing, Urban Auto Care can carry out pre purchase inspections to any used vehicle, giving you peace of mind.
Things to check when considering a used vehicle
- Inform yourself of the average value of the model you are looking at
- Find out if there is money owing against the vehicle before you buy it, since a used car can be repossessed if there is still a hidden outstanding loan.
- Carhistory.com.au can advise the history of a vehicle including if there is outstanding debt and whether the vehicle has been in an accident.
- Bring a friend, one who ideally knows about cars and can help ask the right questions. Having a second opinion can also help rationalise a purchase.
- Research the make and model and what people have said about the vehicle. Does it have any known defects? What kind of reliability and fuel efficiency can you expect? Reading professional reviews can let you know the pros and cons of a vehicle